Autor de la hebra: Anna Spanoudaki-Thurm
C.M. Rawal
C.M. Rawal  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:06
inglés al hindi
+ ...
Me too Jul 12, 2010

I got the same email with Hindi as the language in which support was requested.

Strange!

Rolf Kern
Rolf Kern  Identity Verified
Suiza
Local time: 12:36
inglés al alemán
+ ...
In Memoriam
I got the same.. Aug 9, 2010

... a few days ago for proofreading in German. I mailed back that this was suspicious, asking how could some English speaking person in Africa be interested in learning German. I got the answer that they don't have the money to buy a learnig program.... (which was not really addressing the point) and that they very well understand my suspicion (!). That was it.

[Bearbeitet am 2010-08-09 11:32 GMT]

Mira Stepanovic
Mira Stepanovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 12:36
inglés al serbio
+ ...
Latin Aug 10, 2010

Unfortunately I have deleted the message but at the time I visited the website and I found some of the free translations very interesting. For example, "where is the bathroom" or something similar in Latin! Very useful indeed!

However, paid courses are advertised and offered through that website, so the free translations are there only to attract potential (paid) learners IMO.

And indeed, why would an En
... See more
Unfortunately I have deleted the message but at the time I visited the website and I found some of the free translations very interesting. For example, "where is the bathroom" or something similar in Latin! Very useful indeed!

However, paid courses are advertised and offered through that website, so the free translations are there only to attract potential (paid) learners IMO.

And indeed, why would an English speaking person in Africa want to learn Serbian of all the languages?

[Edited at 2010-08-10 12:24 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-08-10 12:25 GMT]
Collapse

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam? Organization in the process of creating language lessons

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »