Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you find the content you have to translate interesting?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:07
French to English
Lucky me Jul 11, 2017

Absolutely always. I'm fascinated with how translation works, and I only ever take on projects that are interesting. Luckily, I'm interested in a lot of things, so I'm hardly ever bored.

I find technical translations pretty boring, so I avoid them as much as I can. Given my usual volume of work with regular, satisfied clients, I only do them as a huge favour for clients who pay me so well I can hardly refuse. However, this is pretty rare, my direct clients all work in fields that I
... See more
Absolutely always. I'm fascinated with how translation works, and I only ever take on projects that are interesting. Luckily, I'm interested in a lot of things, so I'm hardly ever bored.

I find technical translations pretty boring, so I avoid them as much as I can. Given my usual volume of work with regular, satisfied clients, I only do them as a huge favour for clients who pay me so well I can hardly refuse. However, this is pretty rare, my direct clients all work in fields that I find interesting, and the agencies all know me pretty well by now.
Collapse

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:07
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Most of the time Jul 11, 2017

Although I already try to turn down boring stuff. But you know, it's not so easy with good customers! I had one of those texts just today: horrible, but customer is delightful, pays well and within a few days. So I think from time to time I have to bite the bullet...

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:07
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Most of the Time Jul 11, 2017

Since I translate mostly technical documents, the contents are usually intereseting and add a lot of konwledge. Learning is always a pleasure.
But I must admit there are several documents that are a P.I.A., boring, poorly written, Chinglish, apps that seem to be developed by adolescents, and the worst of all: term papers or theses of students in human sciences - these are pure torture.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you find the content you have to translate interesting?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »