Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How do you prefer to be contacted by your clients?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 00:19
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
e-mail, yes! May 16, 2011

Generally, I prefer enquiries by e-mail and with attachments!

That way, I have a record of the time when the message came in, and can use acknowledgement of receipt to know when my reply has been seen.

Also, I have a record of what has been agreed, and everything is clear cut; there have been too many occasions where a rushed phone call has resulted in a misunderstanding — and yes, even in my own mother tongue!

I do use Skype a lot too, particularl
... See more
Generally, I prefer enquiries by e-mail and with attachments!

That way, I have a record of the time when the message came in, and can use acknowledgement of receipt to know when my reply has been seen.

Also, I have a record of what has been agreed, and everything is clear cut; there have been too many occasions where a rushed phone call has resulted in a misunderstanding — and yes, even in my own mother tongue!

I do use Skype a lot too, particularly in the course of a project and for team working, where I find IM invaluable.

But I hate it when people phone me up and say "I just wanted to discuss this bit of text with you..." — I'm a very visual person, I can't work aurally, I really need to see the text in front of me; and like Neil says, to have the time to think about my response, I hate to be pressed into giving a too-hasty answer. I remember once translating a string of sentences a client sent me by SMS while I was on a train journey — a real nightmare!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you prefer to be contacted by your clients?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »