Tool to prune ‘repair’ files created when repairing translation memories/termbases
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:19
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Feb 2, 2023

When running Repair on a TM/TB, a multitude of ‘repair’ files are created. Over time, this makes the TM/TB folder on your disk grow drasitcally in size. This greatly slows down working with these folders when trying to backup and restore them with a backup tool.

I currently have a TM in memoQ (which has been repaired many times), which is only 800 MB if exported to a TMX, but the folder under memoQ\Translation Memories is 37 GB! I just had to restore this folder with my Backupbl
... See more
When running Repair on a TM/TB, a multitude of ‘repair’ files are created. Over time, this makes the TM/TB folder on your disk grow drasitcally in size. This greatly slows down working with these folders when trying to backup and restore them with a backup tool.

I currently have a TM in memoQ (which has been repaired many times), which is only 800 MB if exported to a TMX, but the folder under memoQ\Translation Memories is 37 GB! I just had to restore this folder with my Backupblaze, over a slow internet connection. It obviously took FOREVER. If this TM had been pruned, it would have taken a fragment of the time.

The folder currently contains a multitude of files like this:

Entries.mtx.repair1
Entries.mtx.repair2
Entries.mtx.repair3
Entries.mtx.repair4
Entries.mtx.repair5
Entries.mtx.repair6

Entries.mtx.repair45
etc.

Context.mtx.repair1
Context.mtx.repair2
Context.mtx.repair3
Context.mtx.repair4
Context.mtx.repair5

Context.mtx.repair99
etc.

I just created an Idea over at the memoQ Users' Idea Portal @ https://ideas.memoq.com/ideas/PUBL-I-686

If you would like to see this implemented please upvote!

Michael
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:19
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
new Idea (‘Delete TB entries directly from AutoPick list (via keyboard shortcut)’) Feb 4, 2023

see: https://ideas.memoq.com/ideas/PUBL-I-692 (‘Delete TB entries directly from AutoPick list (via keyboard shortcut’)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tool to prune ‘repair’ files created when repairing translation memories/termbases

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »