Thread poster: artbook
artbook
artbook  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:43
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 13, 2023

Hi everyone,

we're currently evaluating different MT systems to expand our business in this sense and there is something I'm struggling to understand. Which are the MT providers that learn from and are integrated with glossaries? This is one of the key features we're searching for, since the MT system we're going to adopt needs to learn from the glossaries we upload in the project.

At the moment, we're using the DeepL API for SDL Trados Studio 2022, but from my understa
... See more
Hi everyone,

we're currently evaluating different MT systems to expand our business in this sense and there is something I'm struggling to understand. Which are the MT providers that learn from and are integrated with glossaries? This is one of the key features we're searching for, since the MT system we're going to adopt needs to learn from the glossaries we upload in the project.

At the moment, we're using the DeepL API for SDL Trados Studio 2022, but from my understading, DeepL doesn't learn from TB.

If you could help me understand this, I would be very grateful. Thanks a lot!
Collapse

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 01:43
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
MT systems Apr 13, 2023

There are other MT systems that support glossary integration and learning.

Google Cloud Translation (Advanced Edition)
Google offers glossary support in its Advanced Edition API. You can create, update, and use glossaries with your translations, and the system will attempt to adhere to the terminology provided in the glossary. More details can be found in their documentation.

M
... See more
There are other MT systems that support glossary integration and learning.

Google Cloud Translation (Advanced Edition)
Google offers glossary support in its Advanced Edition API. You can create, update, and use glossaries with your translations, and the system will attempt to adhere to the terminology provided in the glossary. More details can be found in their documentation.

Microsoft Translator
Microsoft Translator also supports custom glossaries. You can upload your terminology, and the system will try to apply the terms during the translation process. You can find more information on customizing Microsoft Translator with glossaries in their documentation.

SYSTRAN
SYSTRAN's neural MT solutions might offer support for user dictionaries, which act as glossaries for translations. I'm uncertain if it's true that one can create and manage dictionaries and associate them with translation projects to ensure consistent terminology. This information must be verified.

Perhaps, Lilt being a provider that can support the use of glossaries can create, edit, and manage glossaries in their platform, and their adaptive MT system can utilize the terms during translation. This information must be verified too.
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:43
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I recommend looking at GT4T Apr 13, 2023

Not quite the same as the services mentioned by Andriy, but I recommend GT4T. For example, trying to get glossaries working with Google Translate is not for the faint of heart, whereas adding a custom term to your glossary is as easy as pie with GT4T. Just select a source term, click the shortcuts, and enter your preferred translation, and it immediately works and gets used in your next segment. You can also easily bulk add terms to GT4T's so-called... See more
Not quite the same as the services mentioned by Andriy, but I recommend GT4T. For example, trying to get glossaries working with Google Translate is not for the faint of heart, whereas adding a custom term to your glossary is as easy as pie with GT4T. Just select a source term, click the shortcuts, and enter your preferred translation, and it immediately works and gets used in your next segment. You can also easily bulk add terms to GT4T's so-called ‘Simple Glossaries’, which reside on your desktop in a simple text file.

https://gt4t.net/docs/en/how-tos/use_glossary/
Collapse

neilmac

Cecilia Yalangozian
Cecilia Yalangozian
Argentina
Local time: 19:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Customization with glossary Apr 17, 2023

Hi!

There are a number of MT providers that allow customization with glossaries.
You can check out the APIs for which we have pages at Machine Translate and will notice which ones support glossaries.
For example, Omniscien Technologies does: https://machinetranslate.org/omniscien

If you would like to learn more about how MT is customized with glossaries, I also
... See more
Hi!

There are a number of MT providers that allow customization with glossaries.
You can check out the APIs for which we have pages at Machine Translate and will notice which ones support glossaries.
For example, Omniscien Technologies does: https://machinetranslate.org/omniscien

If you would like to learn more about how MT is customized with glossaries, I also recommend you check out our Glossary article here: https://machinetranslate.org/glossaries

Hopefully, you will find this information useful and valuable!

We are a non-profit organization that aims to help in exactly this kind of situation.

Have a lovely week ahead!
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
CafeTran Espresso integrates ChatGPT May 18, 2023

artbook wrote:

we're currently evaluating different MT systems to expand our business in this sense and there is something I'm struggling to understand. Which are the MT providers that learn from and are integrated with glossaries?

Have a look here:

The Translate message can make use of your glossary - its matched terms for the current segment. The glossary can be chosen via the Glossary box in the Options panel.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MT systems and glossaries/TBs

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »