Thread poster: Lucy Brooks
Lucy Brooks
Lucy Brooks  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:24
German to English
+ ...
Apr 5, 2014

Fact. Translators type a lot. Fact. Typing can create wrist strain! If you suffer from repetitive strain in your wrists, worry about aching shoulders and neck as you hunch over your computer, or perhaps you broke a wrist or damaged your hand and cannot type at all, Speech Recognition software is possibly the answer. But will it work for you in your translation work? Find out at this presentation by Andrew Steel of Veritas Translation next Thursday, 10th April at 16.30 British Summer Time (GMT+1 ... See more
Fact. Translators type a lot. Fact. Typing can create wrist strain! If you suffer from repetitive strain in your wrists, worry about aching shoulders and neck as you hunch over your computer, or perhaps you broke a wrist or damaged your hand and cannot type at all, Speech Recognition software is possibly the answer. But will it work for you in your translation work? Find out at this presentation by Andrew Steel of Veritas Translation next Thursday, 10th April at 16.30 British Summer Time (GMT+1 ). Andrew will look at free and paid-for speech recognition systems and will explain how translators can use them in their work. More information and registration at this link.
http://www.ecpdwebinars.co.uk/events_126195.html
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:24
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I can vouch for Andrew Apr 5, 2014

For geographic reasons I know Andrew personally. I have also used his translation services many times. He is an excellent professional and this presentation can be worth attending.

BTW: I already use speech recognition when the projects allow it and indeed it does speed up typing, although you need to keep a close eye at anything typed by the speech recognition, since sometimes it does funny things.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Could Speech Recognition Work for Me?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »