Accounting Software
Thread poster: Thomas Groendal
Thomas Groendal
Thomas Groendal  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:12
Japanese to English
Feb 4, 2010

I am a J-E translator and was wondering what accounting software or methods you use.
I would like to do a better job tracking my invoices, payments received and characters/words output, but my excel file method isn't as clean as I would like. (I want something that will automate the process and force me to keep track of payments, et. al.)
Do you recommend any software that is capable of dealing with clients and invoicing in both Japanese and English? (Yayoi Kaikei, TO3000, Quicken, e
... See more
I am a J-E translator and was wondering what accounting software or methods you use.
I would like to do a better job tracking my invoices, payments received and characters/words output, but my excel file method isn't as clean as I would like. (I want something that will automate the process and force me to keep track of payments, et. al.)
Do you recommend any software that is capable of dealing with clients and invoicing in both Japanese and English? (Yayoi Kaikei, TO3000, Quicken, etc.)

Tom Groendal
Collapse

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 19:12
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
How about the one below? Feb 4, 2010

Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure of the scale of your accounting purposes, but maybe the link below may be helpful.

http://www.obc.co.jp/

The name of the software is called 勘定奉行, which I believe, if I'm not mistaken is mostly used at companies.

HTH

Yasutomo

[Edited at 2010-02-04 04:40 GMT]

Elodie04
Elodie04
Local time: 12:12
TioLive works in Japan and in English-speaking countries Feb 5, 2010

Hi Thomas,

you can use TioLive ERP/CRM. Its accounting function is very complete and it tracks invoices, payments, multi-taxes. It is adapted to many countries including Japan and English-speaking countries. This software in available in both languages (English and Japonese). See http://www.tiolive.com

Thomas Groendal
Thomas Groendal  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:12
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 6, 2010

Thanks for the ideas so far!
Does anyone use Yayoi Hanbai for multilingual translation invoicing?
Tom

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accounting Software

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »