Thread poster: eccotraduttrice
eccotraduttrice
eccotraduttrice
United States
Local time: 07:07
Italian to English
+ ...
Jul 20, 2004

Does anyone know about the CILS exam in Italy? If I pass that exam, will it make me more credible to employers? Do I need to prove my proficiency in my mother tongue, English? If I have a TEFL certification, will that make me more employable? I am just starting out, and my degree is not in translation.

eccotraduttrice
eccotraduttrice
United States
Local time: 07:07
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 22, 2004

Hello Tayfun -

I did get some good information about the Italian proficiency tests, and I think I have a much better idea of what the answer to my second question is. Thank you!

Karena

Tayfun Torunoglu wrote:

I saw you post a parallel thread in Italian Forum, I hope you got satisfactory information.
Regards
T.Torunoglu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certification questions

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »