Starting Out! (Interpreter)
Thread poster: Maria Blair
Maria Blair
Maria Blair
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 12, 2002

Being fairly new in the world of interpreters and translators I find this site very helpful. My first experience as an interpreter was with the airlines. I worked with international flights and for 6 years served as an interpreter for first and secondary inspection of passengers entering the US. Unfortunately I did not pursue that aspect of my job as a freelancer and consequently lost some time developing the skill. Recently I have decided to once again engage my language skills and enrolled ... See more
Being fairly new in the world of interpreters and translators I find this site very helpful. My first experience as an interpreter was with the airlines. I worked with international flights and for 6 years served as an interpreter for first and secondary inspection of passengers entering the US. Unfortunately I did not pursue that aspect of my job as a freelancer and consequently lost some time developing the skill. Recently I have decided to once again engage my language skills and enrolled in a Volunteer Interpreter Program for the Juvenile and Domestical Relations Court. Also I would like to be Certified but have no clue how to go about it. So basically I am taking baby steps and I am here looking for answers. In the process I would like to make lots of friends.

Collapse

cochrum
cochrum
Germany
Local time: 09:46
German to English
+ ...
Link to Interpreter course in Arlington, VA Jan 14, 2002

http://www.inlinguadc.com/courses/coursesinfo.shtml

Hi Maria, I\'m moving to Fairfax in May !

you can send me an e-mail, maybe we can exchange info )

Nicole

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Starting Out! (Interpreter)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »