Iniziatore argomento: deleted. (X)
wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Local time: 01:44
Da Cinese a Inglese
+ ...
Off-topic Aug 29, 2013

Hey, Yueyin. I meant to ask you something and see if you still might remember. In the early '70s when Nixon made his historic visit to China, he brought with him a few movies that were publicly shown in China.

I remember three of them: "In the Heat of the Night", "Death on the Nile", and "Convoy".

Was there a 4th one? I thought there was, but I can't think of what it was.

wherestip
Stati Uniti
Da Cinese a Inglese
+ ...
A First Aug 29, 2013

wherestip wrote:

Hey, Yueyin. I meant to ask you something and see if you still might remember. In the early '70s when Nixon made his historic visit to China, he brought with him a few movies that were publicly shown in China.

I remember three of them: "In the Heat of the Night", "Death on the Nile", and "Convoy".

Was there a 4th one? I thought there was, but I can't think of what it was.

Oops, I just checked and saw that 2 of the movies were released in 1978; so it must have been later than Nixon's visit, after the Gang of Four was disgraced. Nevertheless, I remember it was a one-time thing before I left in '79.

[Edited at 2013-08-29 21:49 GMT]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Da Inglese a Cinese
+ ...
“臭老九“的一天 Aug 29, 2013

Steve,

尼克松访华时,我还在兰州。那时,有些外国电影在北京公映,却不一定在兰州公映。我只记得1971年左右,我一天之内连续看了三部“供批判“的日本电影:《啊!海军》、《山本五十六》和《军阀》。林立果所谓的“江田岛精神”,就来自于《啊!海军》。当时,我虽然还是“臭老九“,但按规定仍有资格看这些“供批判“的电影。不过,看完就完了,也没�
... See more
Steve,

尼克松访华时,我还在兰州。那时,有些外国电影在北京公映,却不一定在兰州公映。我只记得1971年左右,我一天之内连续看了三部“供批判“的日本电影:《啊!海军》、《山本五十六》和《军阀》。林立果所谓的“江田岛精神”,就来自于《啊!海军》。当时,我虽然还是“臭老九“,但按规定仍有资格看这些“供批判“的电影。不过,看完就完了,也没参加什么批判。

看《尼罗河上的惨案》(Death on the Nile)则是后来的事情。

注:“臭老九”一词的来历:
http://baike.baidu.com/view/520904.htm

[Edited at 2013-08-30 21:02 GMT]
Collapse

wherestip
Stati Uniti
Da Cinese a Inglese
+ ...
Thanks Aug 29, 2013

ysun wrote:

Steve,

尼克松访华时,我还在兰州。那时,有些外国电影在北京公映,却不一定在兰州公映。我只记得1971年左右,我一天之内连续看了三部“供批判“的日本电影:《啊!海军》、《山本五十六》和《军阀》。林立果所谓的“江田岛精神”,就来自于《啊!海军》。当时,我虽然还是“臭老九“,但按规定仍有资格看这些“供批判“的电影。不过,看完就完了,也没参加什么批判。

看《尼罗河上的惨案》(Death on the Nile)则是后来的事情。

Thanks, Yueyin. It doesn't really matter. It was just something that I thought of and it was kind of bugging me for a while.

[Edited at 2013-08-30 12:52 GMT]

Pagine:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatore(i) di questo Forum
Rita Pang[Call to this topic]
David Lin[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

自由译者的一天

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »