pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:10
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 1, 2011

Facebook 非官方中文名称:脸书、面书或非试不可、非死不可, 是一个社交网路服务网站,于2004年2月4日上线。从2006年9月到2007年9月间,该网站在全美网站中的排名由第60名上升至第7名。同时Facebook是美国排名第一的照片分享站点,每天上载八百五十万张照片。

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
有關臉書 Jan 2, 2011

無意中在這中文論壇搜尋一下,發現早在2007年,當時在這裡活躍一時的壇友,如Dallas, Isahuang,Jianjun,Shaunna,已經提及Facebook, 可見他們的觸覺。

最近竟有在Facebook的朋友,向我查詢翻譯專利申請的要求,由於不是這方面的專長,只能惋拒。但覺得,有心進軍國際市場的譯人,可否利用Facebook,作為發展業務的平台,這是值得探討的。

印象中,Facebook只是�
... See more
無意中在這中文論壇搜尋一下,發現早在2007年,當時在這裡活躍一時的壇友,如Dallas, Isahuang,Jianjun,Shaunna,已經提及Facebook, 可見他們的觸覺。

最近竟有在Facebook的朋友,向我查詢翻譯專利申請的要求,由於不是這方面的專長,只能惋拒。但覺得,有心進軍國際市場的譯人,可否利用Facebook,作為發展業務的平台,這是值得探討的。

印象中,Facebook只是年青人的玩意,80後,90 後,每天花4、5小時上Facebook,在商業廣告人眼中,是一個龐大的市場。現在,政客,甚至政府部門也透過Facebook,向大眾溝通、與fans交流,這種接觸,在關系上的建立,應該比一般商業上的關系,更來得密切。

若有留意,在這個翻譯網頁之下,也有Facebook的分享鍵,一般文章、網誌、Youtube更不用說了。Facebook在中國當然有一定的阻力,這不全是政治的問題,主要仍來自在現有網路市場的持份人,他們當然希望你要繼續“翻牆”,如中國網民隨手可達Facebook,這就威脅到他們現時享有的優勢了。

[修改时间: 2011-01-02 18:54 GMT]
Collapse

Giulia Ji
Giulia Ji
Italy
Local time: 22:10
Italian to Chinese
+ ...
HOW? Jan 2, 2011

貌似FACEBOOK上没有机构或者群一类的用户吧。

Alvin Liu
Alvin Liu  Identity Verified
China
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
LinkedIn Jan 3, 2011

Facebook娱乐性更强吧,感觉LinkedIn似乎和工作更有关系。虽然我在2个地方都没有获得过工作。

Xu Dongjun
Xu Dongjun  Identity Verified
China
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
先交朋友再有业务 Jan 3, 2011

Alvin Liu wrote:

Facebook娱乐性更强吧,感觉LinkedIn似乎和工作更有关系。虽然我在2个地方都没有获得过工作。

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Really? Jan 3, 2011

Giulia Ji wrote:

貌似FACEBOOK上没有机构或者群一类的用户吧。

Italian Space Agency | Facebook
Welcome to the Facebook Community Page about Italian Space Agency, ... The
Italian Space Agency is a government agency established in 1988 to fund, ...

www.facebook.com/pages/Italian-Space-... - Cached - SimilarGovernment on Facebook | Facebook
Government on Facebook In 2010, government agencies used Facebook to better ...

www.facebook.com/government?v=wall - Cached - Similar

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:10
Chinese to English
+ ...
Social networking Jan 3, 2011

Here's an example of people of common interest flocking to the same Facebook page. I guess this phenomenon is what the Chinese web term "群" means?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/social.media/12/24/facebook.military.families/index.html

Military families call Facebook a blessing

San Francisco (CNN) -- When the war in Afghanistan began in 2001, Facebook didn't exist. Today many spouses with loved ones in battle say they find the social-networking site essential.

"I check the computer every five minutes," said Melanie McNicol, 27, whose husband, Jim, deployed to Afghanistan in November.

Jim McNicol is part of the Army's 59th Mobility Augmentation Company, based in Fort Hood, Texas.

The unit has a Facebook page, which its captain routinely updates. The wall postings often provide positive reassurance for friends and family checking in on the status of troops.

Here's an example, dated December 4:

"You should be proud of amazing work your Soldiers have done. We should be able to settle into a more predicable schedule soon. ..."

The Army has fully embraced social networking for military families. On its official page, it asks users for stories "about how social networking has kept you connected to your loved ones."

The responses were universally positive.

"It has made all the difference in the world!!!!! (I cannot) express how much having contact like this has meant to all of our family while our soldier serves in Afghanistan," one military spouse wrote.

Melanie McNicol said she exchanges messages with her husband almost daily but said the unit's Facebook page gives her added peace of mind, especially over the holidays.

I just read this report about Goldman Sachs investing $500 million in Facebook.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/03/technology/facebook_goldman/index.htm?hpt=T2

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Future Jan 3, 2011

Eventually, proZ.com could very well be bought out by Facebook. IMO, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibilities.

'Cause when you think about it, proZ.com - and especially forums like this - is nothing but a site where people of a common interest in translation congregate.

Disclaimer: by no means am I trying to start a rumor

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
是一種小眾社交的選擇 Jan 3, 2011

起碼就目前而言,臉書的好處當然是無需付費,而且是操之在我,自己做Moderator,喜歡就做friend,與你繼續談翻譯心得、聊天,面對不友善的言詞,刪丟,甚至不再friend下去亦可。人家add你為友,你可以拒絕,同樣你可找你的friends。到達4000個朋友時,也可另開天地。臉書應該已取代了聊天室,但是論壇仍會繼續下去的,除了年齡組別的差距外,這裏還有一定的根基,及基本老客戶。就是ProZ,也上了Facebook。

ProZ.com | Facebook
Welcome to a Facebook Page about ProZ.com. Join Facebook to start connecting
with ProZ.com.
www.facebook.com/prozdotcom - Cached - Similar

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
"Facebook hype will fade" Jan 7, 2011

Here's a contrarian point of view regarding the long-term success of Facebook ...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/01/07/rushkoff.facebook.myspace/index.html?hpt=C2

I myself don't have an opinion on this one way or the other. But suffice it to say, I don't have a Facebook page; neither do I ever visit anyone else's....
See more
Here's a contrarian point of view regarding the long-term success of Facebook ...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/01/07/rushkoff.facebook.myspace/index.html?hpt=C2

I myself don't have an opinion on this one way or the other. But suffice it to say, I don't have a Facebook page; neither do I ever visit anyone else's.

[Edited at 2011-01-07 20:37 GMT]
Collapse

ricky liu
ricky liu  Identity Verified
China
Member (2013)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Unfortunately, it's not accessible in China. Jan 12, 2011

Unfortunately, Facebook is currently blocked by the great firewall. We don't have access to it, and youtube, here in China mainland.

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Twitter=推特 Jan 14, 2011

“维基解密”网站宣称,已经要求律师反对美国向社交网站“推特”(Twitter)下发传票,要求公布“维基解密”网站相关人员的个人资料。BBC

個人比較喜歡“小鳥吱吱”或“吱鳥”的譯名

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
星 Xing Jan 29, 2011

最近将“星”的个人档案做好了,没过多久便有人邀请我成为他的联系人。我看了一下这位老兄的档案,他的联系人已多达4万,作他的联系人有何意义?

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
随缘 Jan 29, 2011

stonejohn wrote:

先交朋友再有业务

如果是为了拿项目才交友,好像有点儿不太人道。

Bin
www.dolmetscher-chinesisch-uebersetzer.de

[Edited at 2011-01-30 09:39 GMT]

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
请教社交网站的高手 Jan 29, 2011

如果同意作某人的联系人,是否常会被此人发邮件?

如果拒绝别人的邀请,尤其是认识的人,是否会被此人怀恨在心,伺机报复?

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Facebook 脸书

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »