Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 21:28
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Aug 2, 2009

Hi all,

I have officially resigned as a moderator. Recently, work is very hectic and a lot (good things, of course) is also going in my personal life. I realised I have not been putting in a lot of time and effort in my moderation work. Hence the right thing to do is to pass on the baton. It has been quite an experience for me these past few years. I have met all sorts of people and cases. At the end of the day, howev
... See more
Hi all,

I have officially resigned as a moderator. Recently, work is very hectic and a lot (good things, of course) is also going in my personal life. I realised I have not been putting in a lot of time and effort in my moderation work. Hence the right thing to do is to pass on the baton. It has been quite an experience for me these past few years. I have met all sorts of people and cases. At the end of the day, however, I think I can say that I am walking away with mostly good memories. I would like to thank all of you for the support and help you have given me in my moderation work. I will definitely hang around and continue to participate in this community.

Denyce

[Edited at 2009-08-03 03:35 GMT]
Collapse

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you, Denyce Aug 2, 2009

...for all you have done for us.

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:28
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
A big thank you! Aug 3, 2009

Dear Denyce,

A very big thank you for all you have done for the site and its community!

You have been a great moderator and I also enjoyed the many instances when you taught me about the ways of the Chinese culture.

You can leave this task with the satisfaction of a job well done.

Kind regards from La Plata, Argentina,
Enrique

Shaun Yeo
Shaun Yeo  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
A big thank-you from your compatriot Aug 3, 2009

Hi Denyce,

Glad to hear that you are doing so well with your business. Now that you are moving on, a big thank-you is in order for your contribution to the Chinese community on PROZ.

Last but not least, all the best to your future endeavors.

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:28
Chinese to English
+ ...
Best Wishes Aug 3, 2009

Denyce,

Sorry to hear that another one of our wonderful moderators has decided to hang up her hat. Regardless, it is a decision we have no choice but to respect and abide by. For me, the same accolades go to you as did Kevin. Your dedication and conviction to the moderator's job were unquestionably much appreciated by all. The positive impact you've been making in the role of moderator has been an asset to the community, and would no doubt sorely be missed.

Anyway, c
... See more
Denyce,

Sorry to hear that another one of our wonderful moderators has decided to hang up her hat. Regardless, it is a decision we have no choice but to respect and abide by. For me, the same accolades go to you as did Kevin. Your dedication and conviction to the moderator's job were unquestionably much appreciated by all. The positive impact you've been making in the role of moderator has been an asset to the community, and would no doubt sorely be missed.

Anyway, congratulations to you on a job extremely well done. I hope to see you around.

[Edited at 2009-08-03 02:17 GMT]
Collapse

Xiaoping Fu
Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:28
Chinese to English
+ ...
Thank You! Aug 3, 2009

Dear Denyce,

You have been a great moderator! I personally appreciate all the efforts you have put in the moderating work and wish you all the best to your business and personal life!

Xiaoping

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Hello Aug 3, 2009

Xiaoping Fu wrote:

Dear Denyce,

You have been a great moderator! I personally appreciate all the efforts you have put in the moderating work and wish you all the best to your business and personal life!

Xiaoping

Xiaoping,

Glad to see you around. It's a wonderful surprise to see you and David posting.

The other day I was at Yueyin's visiting, and we both expressed how much we miss hearing from you two. Hope everything is going well for you.

[Edited at 2009-08-03 04:21 GMT]

Jason Young
Jason Young  Identity Verified
China
Member (2008)
English to Chinese
+ ...
祝福! Aug 3, 2009

感谢。。。
祝福。。。

CHEN-Ling
CHEN-Ling  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
Thanks Aug 3, 2009

Many thanks for your great work for us.

[Edited at 2009-08-03 13:07 GMT]

lbone
lbone  Identity Verified
China
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you! Aug 3, 2009

Thank you, Denyce, and good luck!

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
What’s going on? Aug 3, 2009

In less than two weeks, two great moderators have resigned! Is it a coincidence with the recent solar eclipse?

Probably, it may not be a bad idea to leave the chairs to those who don’t like the way the moderators handle problems, and to those who think they could do a better job, so that they could have a chance to see for themselves whether it is an easy job to do, not to mention it is a volunteer’s job.

Anyway, Denyce, you’ve been a great moderator and you’v
... See more
In less than two weeks, two great moderators have resigned! Is it a coincidence with the recent solar eclipse?

Probably, it may not be a bad idea to leave the chairs to those who don’t like the way the moderators handle problems, and to those who think they could do a better job, so that they could have a chance to see for themselves whether it is an easy job to do, not to mention it is a volunteer’s job.

Anyway, Denyce, you’ve been a great moderator and you’ve done a wonderful job in the past three years! I don’t know how to thank you enough! I wish you a good health and a great success in your career!

[Edited at 2009-08-03 16:43 GMT]
Collapse

Lu Zou
Lu Zou  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 23:28
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
再道一声祝福 Aug 3, 2009

怎么你也要走?摄影占去你太多时间?还是你已成为专业摄影师?希望是后者,若在网站建立了作品集,别忘了告诉大家一声。

Jason Ma
Jason Ma  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Goodbye and good luck! Aug 4, 2009

Denyce, thank you for all these help from you. May you have a bright future.

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Another thank-you Aug 4, 2009

Thanks for all the kind words. I'll still be around. In fact, I feel much more relaxed being here now. Isn't there a Chinese saying "无官一身轻"??!!

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
一身轻 Aug 4, 2009

Denyce Seow wrote:

Thanks for all the kind words. I'll still be around. In fact, I feel much more relaxed being here now. Isn't there a Chinese saying "无官一身轻"??!!

I can identify with that - I'm really enjoying my retirement.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A Big Thank-you

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »