Chinese to English
+ ...
不要怕矛盾 Sep 25, 2008

Zhoudan wrote:

这话我听着很不舒服。请你收回。

为了不引起无谓的纷争,也为了节省时间,本人以后不会再在论坛发表任何言论。

Zhoudan,

没必要不高兴. 俗话说: 脚正不怕鞋歪.

这是你开的一栏, 当然可以提出你对发言人的希望和其它正当的要求. 有的话不中听, 只当耳旁风就是了.

[Edited at 2008-09-25 15:30]

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:43
Chinese to English
+ ...
为人正直 Sep 25, 2008

chance,

你不断地声称自己是正直的. 也许不错. 但希望你认识到世上或这个论坛上并不是就你一个人是正直的.

http://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/101695-2008_olympic_games_in_beijing-page27.html#839687

[Edited at 2008-09-25 12:55]

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
那肯定,我只不过是做了自己能做到的一点点 Sep 25, 2008

wherestip wrote:

chance,

你不断地声称自己是正直的. 也许不错. 但希望你认识到世上或这个论坛上并不是就你一个人是正直的.

http://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/101695-2008_olympic_games_in_beijing-page27.html#839687

[Edited at 2008-09-25 12:55]

[Edited at 2008-09-25 13:08]

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
不同的意见 Sep 25, 2008

chance wrote:

那肯定,我只不过是做了自己能做到的一点点

那就好. 我觉得你在多种问题上的思想及看法通常表达得很清楚. 但有必要处处要求别人与你的意见一致吗? 那又何谓民主呢?

[Edited at 2008-09-25 13:32]

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 00:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
By the way Sep 26, 2008

isahuang wrote:
I certainly get a rise out of you.
Wenjer Leuschel wrote:
isahuang wrote:
Zhoudan wrote:

如题

爱深入探讨政治的各位业余政客们
还是请移师天涯论坛去抛砖引玉吧。

楼主感兴趣的是早餐喝什么

Who are talking about politics? Who are amateur politicians? It is about what you shall drink for breakfast (when you don't have much choice). It is about food safety and how to secure food safety. You don't need to feel provoked if you eat and drink safety up there in the USA.

what the hell does this sentence "You don't need to feel provoked if you eat and drink safety up there in the USA" mean? I mean the part "eat and drink safety"? safety is not something that I would normally eat or drink.

Isa,

What the hell does "I certainly get a rise out of you" mean?

- Wenjer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve,

There has never been problem for me that other people have their own opinions which are different from mine. You see, opinions are free so far they don't attack people personally. As I see it, chance has never become aggressive to attack anyone personally.

- Wenjer

Joyce Curran
Joyce Curran  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
Wenjer! Sep 26, 2008

KudoZ需要你!我在那里很受苦,救救!
Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

[Edited at 2008-09-26 06:44]

Joyce Curran
Joyce Curran  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
Steve! Sep 26, 2008

可以偶尔去KudoZ帮我一把吗?提前谢谢!

wherestip wrote:

[Edited at 2008-09-25 13:32]

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Respect for diversity Sep 26, 2008

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

Steve,

There has never been problem for me that other people have their own opinions which are different from mine. You see, opinions are free so far they don't attack people personally. As I see it, chance has never become aggressive to attack anyone personally.

- Wenjer

Wenjer,

I certainly am not a psychologist ... nor an expert at diplomacy or mediation. So let's not turn this into an exercise of listing merits or assigning blame.

As I see it though, we all have our own quirks and idiosyncracies. Nobody's perfect in everything.

[Edited at 2008-09-26 12:06]

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
KudoZ Sep 26, 2008

Joyce Curran wrote:

可以偶尔去KudoZ帮我一把吗?提前谢谢!

Joyce,

我那边不太去. 也不一定帮得了你的忙. 别的懂专业的同事可能帮助更大.

实在有疑难的, 不妨连接到这里大家讨论一下.

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Well Sep 26, 2008

wherestip wrote:
Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

Steve,

- Wenjer

Wenjer,

I certainly am not a psychologist ... nor an expert at diplomacy or mediation. So let's not turn this into an exercise of listing merits or assigning blame.

As I see it though, we all have our own quirks and idiosyncracies. Nobody's perfect in everything.

Steve,

I am not asking you to mediate at all. Diplomacy is not my strength, either. But did anyone mention who has what merits and who is to take what blame here?

As I used to say, noboby is perfect and I am nobody. So, you know who's perfect.

- Wenjer

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Diversity Sep 26, 2008

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

wherestip wrote:
Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

Steve,

- Wenjer

Wenjer,

Steve,

I am not asking you to mediate at all. Diplomacy is not my strength, either. But did anyone mention who has what merits and who is to take what blame here?

As I used to say, noboby is perfect and I am nobody. So, you know who's perfect.

- Wenjer

So I guess you're saying you are perfect Well, that's good too.

Let's keep it peaceful and cordial here as it is right now ... and the best way to achieve that IMO is to avoid sensitive topics.

You'll have to excuse me. I'm heading out on a trip to Houston. Have a good night.

isahuang
isahuang
Local time: 12:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
Aha, I did get a rise out of you, didn't I? Sep 26, 2008

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

isahuang wrote:
I certainly get a rise out of you.
Wenjer Leuschel wrote:
isahuang wrote:
Zhoudan wrote:

如题

爱深入探讨政治的各位业余政客们
还是请移师天涯论坛去抛砖引玉吧。

楼主感兴趣的是早餐喝什么

Who are talking about politics? Who are amateur politicians? It is about what you shall drink for breakfast (when you don't have much choice). It is about food safety and how to secure food safety. You don't need to feel provoked if you eat and drink safety up there in the USA.

what the hell does this sentence "You don't need to feel provoked if you eat and drink safety up there in the USA" mean? I mean the part "eat and drink safety"? safety is not something that I would normally eat or drink.

Isa,

What the hell does "I certainly get a rise out of you" mean?

- Wenjer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve,

- Wenjer

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
In comparison... Sep 26, 2008

wherestip wrote:

So I guess you're saying you are perfect Well, that's good too.

Let's keep it peaceful and cordial here as it is right now ... and the best way to achieve that IMO is to avoid sensitive topics.

You'll have to excuse me. I'm heading out on a trip to Houston. Have a good night.

...with this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_baby_milk_scandal, everybody here is just perfect.

By the way, do American Chinese or Chinese Americans all talk like that? What the heck is that with "getting a rise"? Is that American Chinese English or what?

I go now for a ride to the South. Have a good day.

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
idiom Sep 27, 2008

Tingting,

Please have mercy.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/get%20a%20rise%20out

get a rise out of someone

to succeed in annoying someone. Ignore him - he's just trying to get a rise out of you.

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thanks, Steve! Sep 27, 2008

wherestip wrote:

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/get%20a%20rise%20out

get a rise out of someone

to succeed in annoying someone. Ignore him - he's just trying to get a rise out of you.

Steve,

I knew that you would have the right answer and I asked to show that it has been always the same pattern to get someone out of the field: Let some certain people provoke and find a fault to ban him/her when there is a reaction.

Each one of us would have our own opinions and opinions are free, so long they don't attack personally. I don't ask for anything more. No one is expected to agree with others on everything.

Have a nice evening.

- Wenjer

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

早餐喝什么好呢

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »