Thread poster: Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:15
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 4, 2006

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any software that can run an accurate wordcount of Arabic PDF's? The one I use gives funny counts of Arabic PDF's. Any hope?

Best,
Noha

Mumtaz
Mumtaz
English to Arabic
+ ...
anycount Dec 5, 2006

Does anyone know of any software that can run an accurate wordcount of Arabic PDF's?

Yes, download the free trial of anycount, here:

http://www.anycount.com/

Regards

[Edited at 2006-12-05 08:35]

[Edited at 2006-12-05 08:54]

Noha Kamal, PhD.
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 5, 2006

Thank you, Mumtaz, though most of us have a fondness for freeware Any freeware or shareware that can do the trick?

Mumtaz
Mumtaz
English to Arabic
+ ...
Translator's Abacus Dec 5, 2006

Noha Kamal wrote:

Thank you, Mumtaz, though most of us have a fondness for freeware Any freeware or shareware that can do the trick?

Here is a free one:

http://www.spanish-translator-services.com/espanol/preguntas-frecuentes/SistemaOperativo-contar-palabras-de-documentos.htm

Click the Translator's Abacus link, but bear in mind that it doesn't work offline.

Noha Kamal, PhD.
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again! Dec 5, 2006

Thanks again, Mumtaz. Actually, I've been using Translator's Abcus for the past 3 years or more, and no it does work offline. The problem is that it can't count arabic PDF's. But thanks a mil for you help.

Marianna Massa (X)
Marianna Massa (X)
Egypt
Italian
+ ...
Still having same issue in 2021 Apr 2, 2021

Hello everyone!
I am catching up on this old thread because I am still struggling with this issue of having the correct word count of an Arabic pdf. Can anyone help?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word count in Arabic PDF's

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »