Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >
Too good to be true offer (payable in crypto)
Thread poster: Mireille BOULANGER
IRENE DE BRITO
IRENE DE BRITO
Spain
Local time: 12:30
Spanish
+ ...
received the same e-mail from this "Andrea Pina", but with a different IP number Mar 20

I had also received that email, I am a novice and I thought that if it came from proz. I also thought that since he sent me the documents and everything to translate it was legitimate and truthful. I have fallen in the creation of the account of the page that says in the mail. I hope nothing happens to me because of the security data. I have not exchanged any money nor had I started with the translation and I am glad I came here to realize that it was a total scam.

Alexandre Oberlin
Aline Desrues
Daniela Valera Ramirez

Claudia Valcárcel
Claudia Valcárcel
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same scam, new name Mar 22

Hello,
I almost just fell prey to this scam. Luckily, I found this thread! It seems the scammer is now going as "Andrea Pina" with the email address [email protected]
The files are the same, something about Finnish defense stuff. And the text:

"Hello!
Thank you for your message!
I work as an outsourcer for COM TEQ LIMITED. This is a young company and my boss's presentation needs a translation of an article.
Company number 15099326 in UK... See more
Hello,
I almost just fell prey to this scam. Luckily, I found this thread! It seems the scammer is now going as "Andrea Pina" with the email address [email protected]
The files are the same, something about Finnish defense stuff. And the text:

"Hello!
Thank you for your message!
I work as an outsourcer for COM TEQ LIMITED. This is a young company and my boss's presentation needs a translation of an article.
Company number 15099326 in UK
I am sending you an archive with files for translation below. Files in scan format, jpg high quality. Deadline is next Monday 1.04 1pm CET.
Final files required in pdf and docx formats. The translated version should be kept as close as possible to the original in terms of the style used
Payment for this task is 750(it is about 0.15 per word for 5000 words) EUR, +5% to pay off all fee for exchanging funds.
One unusual detail is that the budget is provided in cryptocurrency and this is the only way I can pay. But you don't have to worry about this, I provide full support in receiving the payment and converting it into fiat currency into your bank account or PayPal
I can do the prepayment for your safety because I am not a Proz user and new to the field. Then you can start. If you will be need help with withdraw and exchange to fiat currency I am glad to help you with it.
We understand that not everyone is familiar with the cryptocurrency field and we can help so that it doesn’t waste a lot of your time.
Let's discuss what questions you have at the moment.
Waiting for you reply!
Andrea"

Be careful out there!
Collapse

Alexandre Oberlin

Ana Valerio
Ana Valerio
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
It’s Irene Juan now Mar 26

Here’s the email I got from so-called “Irene Juan” whose email address is [email protected]

A ProZ.com user visited your ProZ.com profile and sent the following message.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
We hope this message finds you well. We are currently
seeking a skilled and passionate translator to join our
team,
... See more
Here’s the email I got from so-called “Irene Juan” whose email address is [email protected]

A ProZ.com user visited your ProZ.com profile and sent the following message.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
team, translating texts from scans in the fields of
economics, finance, and politics. Whether you're a seasoned
professional or a novice eager to grow, we invite you to
contribute your linguistic expertise to our dynamic
projects. Your role will be crucial in ensuring accurate and
nuanced translations that resonate with our global audience.
If you are enthusiastic about these topics and possess
strong translation skills, we would love to hear from you.
Please respond to this email with your CV and a brief
introduction.
Best regards,
Irene Juan

-----------
Author: Irene Juan
[NOTE: The author is not a registered ProZ.com user or was not logged in when sending this message.]
Author's IP address: 93.190.140.103
Message type: Job-related
Collapse

Marisol Oliver
Wassila BOUGUERRA
Alexandre Oberlin
Aline Desrues

Martyna Korzynek
Martyna Korzynek  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Polish
+ ...
sscrypto.net Apr 2

Same thing happened to me, and even the email contents were identical. I don't mind getting paid in crypto, but the moment they mentioned a shady website, the warning lights went off. The email I got it from is [email protected], the company is COMM & INTERM LLP, which has just been registered in the UK at the end of January 2024 and has no reviews nor company website.

Alexandre Oberlin
Ipsumwords

Paula Faivisovich
Paula Faivisovich
Portugal
Local time: 11:30
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
COMM & INTERM LLP Email from Irene Juan Apr 2

I received this same email yesterday. When this "Irene Juan" told me that the payment was in crypto and that she can pay upfront so I can feel safe, bla bla I was sure that was a scam.

Alexandre Oberlin
Ipsumwords

Katarzyna Tanska
Katarzyna Tanska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Watch out for the scammers! Apr 2

I received an email from [email protected] with the same job description. I imediatelly knew that something was not right, especially when she said that she would pay upfront right away. Thank you for raising this issue here! The scammers contact us through proz now, that's shocking!

Alexandre Oberlin
Ipsumwords

Marjolaine Cantus
Marjolaine Cantus  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
COMM & INTERM LLP Email from Irene Juan Apr 9

I also received the message below from [email protected]

I was already tipped off by the absence of company name in the proz contact email, but the real red flag is the crypto payment - and the fact that they offer a per-word rate of 0.15 upfront! Is there anything we can do to flag this person on proz.com so that they stop contacting our colleagues?

--
Message received:
"I work as an outsourcer for COMM & INTERM LLP. This is a young company and
... See more

I was already tipped off by the absence of company name in the proz contact email, but the real red flag is the crypto payment - and the fact that they offer a per-word rate of 0.15 upfront! Is there anything we can do to flag this person on proz.com so that they stop contacting our colleagues?

--
Message received:
"I work as an outsourcer for COMM & INTERM LLP. This is a young company and my boss's presentation needs a translation of an article.
Company number OC450685 in UK
I am sending you an archive with files for translation below. Files in scan format, jpg high quality. Deadline is Wednesday April 17th 1pm CET.
Final files required in pdf and docx formats. The translated version should be kept as close as possible to the original in terms of the style used
Payment for this task is 750(it is about 0.15 per word for 5000 words) EUR, +5% to pay off all fee for exchanging funds.
One unusual detail is that the budget is provided in cryptocurrency and this is the only way I can pay. But you don't have to worry about this, I provide full support in receiving the payment and converting it into fiat currency into your bank account or PayPal
I can do the prepayment for your safety because I am not a Proz user and new to the field. Then you can start. If you will be need help with withdraw and exchange to fiat currency I am glad to help you with it.
We understand that not everyone is familiar with the cryptocurrency field and we can help so that it doesn’t waste a lot of your time.
Waiting for you reply!
Irene"
Collapse

Alexandre Oberlin
Ipsumwords

Alexandre Oberlin
Alexandre Oberlin  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Same experience here today Apr 9

I had exactly the same experience starting yesterday, also signed Irene Juan. I answered and the third email suggested I opened an account at SSCrypto.net There still is no review for this website at https://www.scamdoc.com/view/1598513 Maybe we should post one or two.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for your warnings.

Marjolaine Cantus wrote:

--
Message received:
"I work as an outsourcer for COMM & INTERM LLP. This is a young company and my boss's presentation needs a translation of an article.
I am sending you an archive with files for translation below. Files in scan format, jpg high quality. Deadline is Wednesday April 17th 1pm CET.
Waiting for you reply!
Irene"

Ipsumwords
Chiara de Vicente

Alexandre Oberlin
France
English to French
+ ...
We could post reviews for their SScrypto.net Apr 9

Still no review at https://www.scamdoc.com/view/1598513
I guess we should post a few, maybe on other websites too.

Marjolaine Cantus wrote:

--
Message received:
Waiting for you reply!
Irene"

Alexandre Oberlin
France
English to French
+ ...
Email sent to registrar abuse contact Apr 9

I just checked 'whois sscrypto.net' and sent an email to the abuse contact of their registrar.
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4165350123

Marjolaine C

--
Message received:
Waiting for you reply!
Irene"

Alexandre Oberlin
France
English to French
+ ...
Only the third email contains the fraudulent website’s name Apr 9

You must answer twice to get the address of the phoney cryptocurrency website, namely sscrypto.net
I signaled them to their registrar:
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4165350123

Paula Faivisovich wrote:

I received this same email yesterday. When this "Irene Juan" told me that the payment was in crypto and that she can pay upfront so I can feel safe, bla bla I was sure that was a scam.

Wojciech Zalewski
Wojciech Zalewski
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
I fell for this scam.. unfortunatelly :( Apr 11

Hello everybody,
Unfortunatelly I have fallen for this scam and created the account on the website sscrypto.net :/
And I even got this, supposedly, fake BTC on my account.
What do you suggest I should do now? I wrote on the helpdeck of sscrypto.net how can I delete my account because there is no information how to do that.

I regret I have not read that forum earlier :/

Daniela Valera Ramirez

Daniela Valera Ramirez
Daniela Valera Ramirez
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
Crypto Scam Apr 13

Hi, everybody
I write because I received the same exact offer a few weeks ago. I rechecked the files and company many times and decided to do it. I send the translation and the person had asked to open an account in sscrypto.net. I did and I received the payment in advanced. My doubt is, that in order to pass the money to my account I need to put some personal info like passport number and address. I know this is a scam but I wanted to know if anyone had actually tried to withdraw crypto m
... See more
Hi, everybody
I write because I received the same exact offer a few weeks ago. I rechecked the files and company many times and decided to do it. I send the translation and the person had asked to open an account in sscrypto.net. I did and I received the payment in advanced. My doubt is, that in order to pass the money to my account I need to put some personal info like passport number and address. I know this is a scam but I wanted to know if anyone had actually tried to withdraw crypto money before or should I just forget about this and accepted that I wasted my time?
I am also wondering what do they get from this? Do they access your bank account after?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Collapse

Daniela Valera Ramirez
Daniela Valera Ramirez
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
Did the same Apr 13

Hi, I did the same. I don't know what happens if we open this account. I hope there is no cyber security risk.

Wojciech Zalewski wrote:

Hello everybody,
Unfortunatelly I have fallen for this scam and created the account on the website sscrypto.net :/
And I even got this, supposedly, fake BTC on my account.
What do you suggest I should do now? I wrote on the helpdeck of sscrypto.net how can I delete my account because there is no information how to do that.

I regret I have not read that forum earlier :/

EDD63
EDD63
France
English to French
+ ...
Same scam attempt Apr 21

Hi eveybody, I had the same experience a few days ago, receiving an e-mail from a certain Roberto Braska working for COMM & INTERM LLP a non Proz.com user. The company has been registered in England since January 2024 but has no concrete references. The owners of the company are Spanish nationals whose identity is registered in England under number OC450685. Freely consultable. In the event of a scam, it is possible to take legal action against them before a Spanish court.
Here is the text
... See more
Hi eveybody, I had the same experience a few days ago, receiving an e-mail from a certain Roberto Braska working for COMM & INTERM LLP a non Proz.com user. The company has been registered in England since January 2024 but has no concrete references. The owners of the company are Spanish nationals whose identity is registered in England under number OC450685. Freely consultable. In the event of a scam, it is possible to take legal action against them before a Spanish court.
Here is the text of the e-mail I received:
Hello,
team, translating texts from scans in the fields of
economics, finance, and politics. Whether you're a seasoned
professional or a novice eager to grow, we invite you to
contribute your linguistic expertise to our dynamic
projects. Your role will be crucial in ensuring accurate and
nuanced translations that resonate with our global audience.
If you are enthusiastic about these topics and possess
strong translation skills, we would love to hear from you.
Please respond to this email with your CV and a brief
introduction.
Best regards,
Roberto Braksa

-----------
Author: Roberto Braksa
[NOTE: The author is not a registered ProZ.com user or was not logged in when sending this message.]
Collapse

Anastasia Naoumi

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Too good to be true offer (payable in crypto)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »