This site uses cookies.
Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
For more information, please see the ProZ.com privacy policy.
VIA AILooking for an interpreter?
Remoto by ProZ.com connects you with an identity-verified interpreter by video or phone in about 60 seconds — 300+ languages, on demand or booked ahead.
Try Remoto »
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How heavily do you currently rely on AI for help with communications (emails, posts, etc.)?".
I don't rely on AI at all! I rely much more on the cognitive capacity of my own brain... Should I add that throughout my 40-year career, I have communicated successfully with my clients without the help of AI?
[Edited at 2026-08-11 11:39 GMT]
Claudio Machado Junior
Susanna Martoni
Josephine Cassar
Jennifer Levey
Yaotl Altan
Yetta Jensen Bogarde
The Shredder
More Agreers
Maria Laura Curzi
Sabrina Bruna
Elaine Ruby
Michael Newton
Daryo
Ester Vidal
ibz
Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Anna Sarah Krämer
Angie Garbarino
JudyC
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Lieven Malaise Belgia Local time: 05:02 Liige (2020) prantsuse - hollandi + ...
Not at all
Aug 11
I don't rely on it at all for those purposes and I think it's a bad idea to do so. I'm never impressed by a slick AI text from someone I know doesn't master the language very well. Pure AI is actually terrible to read and until this day very recognizable.
Claudio Machado Junior
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Susanna Martoni
Zea_Mays
Yetta Jensen Bogarde
Philip Lees
Ester Vidal
More Agreers
Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Anna Sarah Krämer
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Claudio Machado Junior Brasiilia Local time: 00:02 Liige (2014) inglise - portugali + ...
Not at all!
Aug 11
I don't rely on it at all. AI is terrible for this kind of task.
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Susanna Martoni
Zea_Mays
Yetta Jensen Bogarde
Maria Laura Curzi
Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Anna Sarah Krämer
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Thayenga Saksamaa Local time: 05:02 Liige (2009) inglise - saksa + ...
Not at all
Aug 11
The checking of AI produced text is, in my opinion, the same as MTPE. So thank you, but no thank you.
As recent events have proven, AI can become extremely dangerous to companies, governments, to all of us. Consequently, I stay as far away from it as I (still) can.
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Claudio Machado Junior
Maria Laura Curzi
Elaine Ruby
Michael Newton
Daryo
ibz
More Agreers
Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Anna Sarah Krämer
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Philip Lees Kreeka Local time: 06:02 kreeka - inglise
Pun
Aug 12
I find AI - specifically ChatGPT - very helpful for research, but I would never use it for personal communication.
Apart from anything else, it's terrible at puns - doesn't get them at all.
And it still hasn't realised that explaining a joke in detail makes it less funny, not more.
Ana Martins
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Thayenga
Angie Garbarino
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Samuel Murray Madalmaad Local time: 05:02 Liige (2006) inglise - afrikaani + ...
Sometimes
Aug 12
Dutch is my third language. Sometimes when I need to write a long email in Dutch, I would write it in English and let ChatGPT translate it, but I would always check the output and I often make edits to it before I send the mail. Or if I write an email manually in Dutch, I'd ask ChatGPT to spell/grammar check it, but I don't always accept all of its suggestions. (For this reason my Dutch emails tend to contain non-native flavour, which is fine by me.)
Dutch is my third language. Sometimes when I need to write a long email in Dutch, I would write it in English and let ChatGPT translate it, but I would always check the output and I often make edits to it before I send the mail. Or if I write an email manually in Dutch, I'd ask ChatGPT to spell/grammar check it, but I don't always accept all of its suggestions. (For this reason my Dutch emails tend to contain non-native flavour, which is fine by me.)
However, I don't use AI to *write* my mails or forum posts.
Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.
Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users!
Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value