A Career as a Voiceover Artist?
Thread poster: LeilaAhmed
LeilaAhmed
LeilaAhmed
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 17, 2014

Hi everyone,
I've been working as a translator for quite some time now. But, browsing some interesting voiceover jobs, I thought: Would it be such a terrible idea to try it out? I know that I pronounce standard Arabic (not a native language of anyone alive) perfectly. I also have been told that I have a unique voice and I used to win Qur'an reciting contests when I was a kid.
I headed out to Google to search for what it takes and I was surprised by how little information there was. I
... See more
Hi everyone,
I've been working as a translator for quite some time now. But, browsing some interesting voiceover jobs, I thought: Would it be such a terrible idea to try it out? I know that I pronounce standard Arabic (not a native language of anyone alive) perfectly. I also have been told that I have a unique voice and I used to win Qur'an reciting contests when I was a kid.
I headed out to Google to search for what it takes and I was surprised by how little information there was. I wanted to know how does a voiceover artist work exactly. Just record the text and "polish" it with software? I guess there's more to it than that. Even if it was just that, do I need special recording equipment? How do I decide which software to use? Can I even just start doing it without any sort of professional training?
I'd really appreciate some clues from voiceover artists out there.
Thank you in advance!
Best,
Leila
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Kristina Radziulyte[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A Career as a Voiceover Artist?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »