Guiomar Hernandez
Guiomar Hernandez
Germany
Local time: 22:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 24, 2019

Good morning everyone!

I am doing research on which CAT-Tool would help my team increase our productivity when translating. I would like to hear some opinions on the following tools, especially their downsides (if possible based on your experience). Specifically, I would like to know more about Across and its cons.

ACROSS

OMEGA T

MEMOQ

TRADOS

WORDFAST

Thank you all very much!...
See more
Good morning everyone!

I am doing research on which CAT-Tool would help my team increase our productivity when translating. I would like to hear some opinions on the following tools, especially their downsides (if possible based on your experience). Specifically, I would like to know more about Across and its cons.

ACROSS

OMEGA T

MEMOQ

TRADOS

WORDFAST

Thank you all very much!
Collapse

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Forget Accros Oct 29, 2019

This is the worst CAT ever.

Erwin van Wouw
Arkadiusz Jasiński

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Other tools? Oct 29, 2019

Guiomar Hernandez wrote:

Good morning everyone!

ACROSS

OMEGA T

MEMOQ

TRADOS

WORDFAST

Thank you all very much!

Hello Guiomar,

Do you have any particular reason to limit your list to the CAT tools mentioned above?

When talking about increasing your productivity as a team, CafeTran Espresso 10 offers a very good solution.

philgoddard

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
Oh, really? Oct 29, 2019

Andrzej Lejman wrote:

This is the worst CAT ever.

Could you elaborate a little bit and compare with other tools? Many people work with Across, especially in the German speaking world. It would be interesting to learn more from you.

Kind regards

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
First things first Oct 29, 2019

Guiomar Hernandez wrote:
...I am doing research on which CAT-Tool would help my team increase our productivity when translating...

Have you asked your team members? Maybe they already know some CAT tools and/or have their own preferences.
After all, they're the ones on the front line, so they should have weapons that don't jam.

Don't underestimate training. I've noticed that productivity is boosted above all when you know your working tools inside out!

On a personal level, MemoQ 2013 is my best friend, I can't get my head around Trados 2019 and I never managed to install Across after an agency assigned me an Across project.

Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opinions on CAT-Tools. SPECIALLY ACROSS

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »