IDI  Identity Verified
Albania
Local time: 12:31
Member (2013)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Nov 15, 2018

Hello everyone,
While translating with Studio 2017 (I have checked and updated it), I get this message "Parameter is not valid" every now and then in a translation project I am working. After that I cannot type anything on the keyboard. I have to close and restart the project but then after some time the problem re-appears.
This is becoming bothersome. Let me know if you have a viable solution to this to make me able to meet my deadline. I have attached the saved error for your conve
... See more
Hello everyone,
While translating with Studio 2017 (I have checked and updated it), I get this message "Parameter is not valid" every now and then in a translation project I am working. After that I cannot type anything on the keyboard. I have to close and restart the project but then after some time the problem re-appears.
This is becoming bothersome. Let me know if you have a viable solution to this to make me able to meet my deadline. I have attached the saved error for your convenience.
I would appreciate your help as ap
Collapse

Justin Browne
Justin Browne  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2007)
Serbian to English
+ ...
Same problem Nov 26, 2018

Hi, I was wondering if you managed to fix this problem. I experience the exact same problem on a daily basis. Very frustrating!

Mateja Logar
Mateja Logar  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2009)
German to Slovenian
+ ...
Same problem Jan 3, 2019

Hello,

I would really appreciate a solution to this extremely frustrating issue. Any suggestion?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:31
English to Russian
According to Paul Filkin: Jan 3, 2019

...rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart Studio:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\14.0.0.0

So the path would become this:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\14.0.0.0_old

Chantal Keable
Chantal Keable  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:31
English to French
Parameter is not valid Sep 23, 2019

I have not tried re-naming the file and/folder, but it seems like this is kind of silly and Studio should fix this. I should not have to rename anything for the app to work. I am so frustrated. Nothing has worked so far to fix this issue in SDL 2019 sr2. Wish I had stayed with 2017!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: "Parameter is not valid" error

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »