Thread poster: Franz Holzer
Franz Holzer
Franz Holzer
Local time: 15:17
Greek to German
+ ...
Oct 15, 2017

Hello!
I've ended a translation, have exported the translation in different ways, included Batch-Task "Abschließen" (I dont know how it is in english). All seems to work fine. But if I want to open the translated file I get the message, that there is a mistake in the docx-file, so it could not be opened.
I tried in a different ways exporting and something else, but nothing helps.

Thanks for advices.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Have you checked that all tags are in the right place and in the right order? Oct 15, 2017

It sounds like your problem must be tag related. When I experience the problem you experience, I check that all tags are correctly placed.

Roy

Helga Lemiere
Helga Lemiere  Identity Verified
France
German to French
Die Words-Datei direkt dort aufrufen Oct 15, 2017

wo sie abgespeichert wurde

Tut mir leid, wenn ich auf Deutsch antworte, fällt mir aber leichter in diesem Kontext. Hast Du versucht, die Datei direkt in dem abgespeicherten Ordner aufzumachen ? Mir passiert dasselbe, wenn ich Words-Dokumente bearbeite, die mit einer neueren Version von Words erstellt wurden. Wenn Dich Studio dann fragt die Zieldatei zu öffnen, klicke einfach auf nein und öffne sie direkt dort, wo du sie abgespeichert hast.

Olieslagers
Olieslagers
French Polynesia
Local time: 04:17
Dutch to French
+ ...
You can try... Oct 15, 2017

and use the Open and Repair feature in Word:

1-Start Word.
2-On the File menu, click Open.
Note In Word 2007 or Word 2010, click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Open.
3-In the Open dialog box, click to select the file that you want to open.
4-Click the down arrow on the Open button, and then click Op
... See more
and use the Open and Repair feature in Word:

1-Start Word.
2-On the File menu, click Open.
Note In Word 2007 or Word 2010, click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Open.
3-In the Open dialog box, click to select the file that you want to open.
4-Click the down arrow on the Open button, and then click Open and Repair
Good luck!

http://www.noelle-traduction.com/
Collapse

Franz Holzer
Franz Holzer
Greek to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reimporting and translating the file once again, solved the problem Oct 15, 2017

Thank you to you all. As I write in the title, it was possible to solve the problem in this way. I dont know what the mistake was, and I sure will not search for it

Danke Helga, ich habe es nicht gewagt auf Deutsch zu fragen. Es wäre leichter für mich gewesen.

Thanks once again.

Olieslagers
Olieslagers
French Polynesia
Dutch to French
+ ...
If you use SDL Studio Oct 15, 2017

To see all the tags in the document, on the Tools menu, click Options. On the Options dialogue box, click Editor in the window on the left. From the Formatting display style: dropdown list, select Show all formatting and tags and click OK.

Capture3

Olieslagers
Olieslagers
French Polynesia
Dutch to French
+ ...
That's good to hear! Oct 15, 2017

Good evening,
Noëlle

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word-Document does not open after ending translation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »