"humanly translated" only
Thread poster: mroed
mroed
mroed
Local time: 21:01
Italian to German
+ ...
Mar 31, 2020

I was contacted today by an agency based in Dubai with a well-done online presence. The rating on proz is very good. They offered me to participate in a huge project with a volume of 20 million words, with a weekly turnover. You are not allowed to use a cat tool, no machine translation, you have to work in an online tool. They attach great importance that everything is "humanly translated".
I'm not sure, but I think I heard at some point about a similar job offer that turned out to be scam
... See more
I was contacted today by an agency based in Dubai with a well-done online presence. The rating on proz is very good. They offered me to participate in a huge project with a volume of 20 million words, with a weekly turnover. You are not allowed to use a cat tool, no machine translation, you have to work in an online tool. They attach great importance that everything is "humanly translated".
I'm not sure, but I think I heard at some point about a similar job offer that turned out to be scam. What do you think about it?
Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 16:01
Romanian to English
+ ...
it does not seem to be a scam Apr 1, 2020

Try to reach them by phone and confirm the project.
Compare the official website/contact e-mail and compare it with the e-mail address you received; look for for subtle differences.

Stay safe,
lee

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Katarzyna Slowikova
Thayenga

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"humanly translated" only

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »