Did you receive this invitation?..it sounds strange to me
Thread poster: Elena Aclasto
Dulz (X)
Dulz (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
French to German
+ ...
Ridiculous Jul 15, 2016

I work as a mediator Between clients & translators.

Says it all.

Tom in London

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:45
English to Italian
Domain Jul 15, 2016

Several addresses with that domain are already listed on the Translators Scammers Directory: http://www.translator-scammers.com/translator-scammers-emails.htm

Sofia Gutkin
Sofia Gutkin  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 19:45
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
Just got a "job offer" from them today Oct 1, 2016

I have just received the following email from Manal Abdukarim of MagicTranslate:

Hi :

We have just receive the final files of the translation project of the odontology videos we talked at the beginning of September. I explain it a bit and you tell me if you are available.

Finally there are 14 videos that last 3 hours and a bit more. We have 12 videos that are finished and final and there are 2 videos left that the client is finishing now. Of those 2 videos
... See more
I have just received the following email from Manal Abdukarim of MagicTranslate:

Hi :

We have just receive the final files of the translation project of the odontology videos we talked at the beginning of September. I explain it a bit and you tell me if you are available.

Finally there are 14 videos that last 3 hours and a bit more. We have 12 videos that are finished and final and there are 2 videos left that the client is finishing now. Of those 2 videos we don’t know the length of one, so it can be long or short. Right now there are 31819 words and the rest depend on the 2 remaining videos that are being edited now. The client wants us to send the translations in batches so they can revise them as the project is being translated so they can gain some time. He is warned that maybe when the translation of all the files is finished there are changes in files already delivered as sometimes a decision about the translation of a term is not made until the whole translation is made.

The client has already translated batches 1 and 2 (files 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1 and 2.2) but he can't continue translating and wants us to continue from 3.1 onwards. So if you could start today, we would need you to revise files 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1 and 2.2 so you can check they are correct and adapt them to your style and check consistency in terminology (as they seem translated by 2 different translators) and deliver them this Tuesday 4 October at 1 pm Spanish hour and then start translating following the timing you have below.

The name Manal Abdukarim is already mentioned by Translator Scammers Directory and it's pretty easy to spot the dodgy: they don't address me by name, the email is long, confusing and rambling (it goes on for another few paragraphs) and they sent me ***15 attachments*** before I had even agreed to take the job. Also, their website IS A JOKE. Their email address is [email protected] and their slogan is "MagicTrans is the best". It's like it was made by a 10-year-old.
Collapse

Norskpro
Norskpro
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
web page clues Oct 2, 2016

On their web pages, under "contacts" there is an address in France next to a map showing Malaga, Spain. The name to contact is Ms. layal ros. Could it be the same Layal Ros as in this warning about scammers in the Twitter link? https://twitter.com/tsdirectory/status/475615029686206464

Pen Copywriting
Pen Copywriting
Armenia
Local time: 12:45
Russian to Armenian
+ ...
similar situation here Jan 16, 2017

Hi, colleagues!

I just received an analogous job offer from the same address, but with a real file for translation attached. So, any bad experience with magic-trans.net? I checked their website and the contact information seems strange to me. Please recommend. Thanks.

Ruzanna

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Ruzanna Jan 17, 2017

This "outsourcer" IS a scammer, don't try to correspond with him.

For more information about his aliases, you may want to visit http://www.translator-scammers.com/translator-scammers-notes.htm#n81

Moreover, the website magic-translate.net is dead, and magic-trans.net is its reincarnation.

If you want to know who is behind this s
... See more
This "outsourcer" IS a scammer, don't try to correspond with him.

For more information about his aliases, you may want to visit http://www.translator-scammers.com/translator-scammers-notes.htm#n81

Moreover, the website magic-translate.net is dead, and magic-trans.net is its reincarnation.

If you want to know who is behind this scam, you may also want to visit
http://www.proz.com/blueboard/9086 (and check all available info there)

Happy reading, and take care!
Natalia
Collapse

Denis Agung
Denis Agung
Indonesia
Local time: 15:45
Japanese to Indonesian
+ ...
Similar case Apr 13, 2018

I just got an email from this scammer.
Had done the test given, but hasn't sent it.

RosMari Serrano
RosMari Serrano  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same email received today May 16, 2018

Hi,

Three years after the fiesta post, I've received the offer today.
I've checked in Google before opening the attachment. So I will send my email ti support.

Thanks for posting.

Jules Nana
Jules Nana  Identity Verified
Cameroon
French to English
+ ...
I just got a similar e-mail May 18, 2018

Hi guys,

I just got a similar e-mail from a certain "Malak Ghassan"; I found it fishy and decided to Google it, which led me to this thread. I was hesitant about the whole thing and this thread confirmed my doubts.

"Dear translator,
This is Malak Ghassan, a project manager at Magic-trans, our company based on qualified translators, that's why I'm looking for a long-term collaboration. Please check the attached file (Authorization).

If y
... See more
Hi guys,

I just got a similar e-mail from a certain "Malak Ghassan"; I found it fishy and decided to Google it, which led me to this thread. I was hesitant about the whole thing and this thread confirmed my doubts.

"Dear translator,
This is Malak Ghassan, a project manager at Magic-trans, our company based on qualified translators, that's why I'm looking for a long-term collaboration. Please check the attached file (Authorization).

If you are interested in our services, please give us your permission to start working by signed the attached document, attaching your CV and Cover Letter.
If you have any questions, simply reply to this e-mail, we respond to all messages.

Regards,

Malak Ghassan

Project manager

e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the rest of us!

Best regards.

[Edited at 2018-05-18 16:35 GMT]
Collapse

Lian Pang
Lian Pang  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2018)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I laughed out loud May 18, 2018

Elena Aclasto wrote:

"Dear translator,

I assure that you would be very lucky if you agree to cooperate with us as a translator and I will be as a mediator. So It's a pleasure to invite you to be a close member of our team.

Oh my ! such an honor ! must have been all the money I donate to the charity to have such good karma ! Quickly sign me up !

MarinelaBkc
MarinelaBkc
Croatia
Croatian to English
+ ...
Got it today May 19, 2018

Hi guys,

I've also recieved an email from them today. I guess they are not giving up! Be careful!

Regards,
Marinela

MarinelaBkc
MarinelaBkc
Croatia
Croatian to English
+ ...
2 in 1 day May 19, 2018

MarinelaBkc wrote:

Hi guys,

I've also recieved an email from them today. I guess they are not giving up! Be careful!

Regards,
Marinela

Update: They sent me another email today!

Miriam Chiu
Miriam Chiu
Australia
Chinese to English
+ ...
Sounds suspicious Jun 13, 2018

I got their email today, but the domain was a usual gmail. The messy formatting of the email looks very unprofessional, so I googled and found this thread.

The email I got from [email protected]

// Welcome to MAGIC-TRANS
Dear Sir\Madam

Hope this mail finds you well.

My name is TinaRosie and I work as a Vendor Coordinator in magic-trans . We are an international company an
... See more
I got their email today, but the domain was a usual gmail. The messy formatting of the email looks very unprofessional, so I googled and found this thread.

The email I got from [email protected]

// Welcome to MAGIC-TRANS
Dear Sir\Madam

Hope this mail finds you well.

My name is TinaRosie and I work as a Vendor Coordinator in magic-trans . We are an international company and we are now in a process of enlarging our database with experienced linguists due to the increasing client demand we are recently facing.

However, could you please provide your translation rate per source word of each language pair including Interpreter rates if any , Areas of Expertise cover letter and cv ?

Once I receive your e-mail, I will contact you to discuss further details.

Looking forward to our future collaboration!

tinarosie.1254@ magic-trans.net

Other hyperlinks in the email: [email protected]
Collapse

FlashLight
FlashLight
English to Croatian
+ ...
Another PM from MagicTrans Jul 18, 2018

This is the one I got last week.

Alaa Mansur
Attachments
Sun, Jul 8, 1:49 PM (10 days ago)
to bcc: me

To whom it may concern,

Let me introduce myself in a few words. I am Alaa Mansur and I work as a project manager at Magic trans company. Nice to meet you .

We are currently recruiting translators for future projects of various types in various domains. This will give you the opportunity to be a part of those projects as nee
... See more
This is the one I got last week.

Alaa Mansur
Attachments
Sun, Jul 8, 1:49 PM (10 days ago)
to bcc: me

To whom it may concern,

Let me introduce myself in a few words. I am Alaa Mansur and I work as a project manager at Magic trans company. Nice to meet you .

We are currently recruiting translators for future projects of various types in various domains. This will give you the opportunity to be a part of those projects as needed. If you are interested in applying for freelance translation work, we would like to invite you to get started with the following steps.

Can you please read our contract, and send it signed together with your CV and cover letter?

Looking forward to our future collaboration!

Thank you for your time

Alaa Mansur
Project Manager/ magic trans
Email: [email protected]
Collapse

Júio César Pereira da Silva

Japan
Local time: 17:45
Japanese to Portuguese
+ ...
English<>Portuguese TRANSLATION JOB Sep 15, 2018

Hello,

My name is Malak Ghassan, a project manager at Magic-trans, We are offering an opportunity to become a part of our translators team.
Translation Field: General, Medical, Marketing, Legal,Technical, Commercial and Media.

If you are interested Please send me your CV and a Cover Letter.

If you have any questions, simply reply to this e-mail, we respond to all messages.

Kind Regards,
Malak Ghassan
Project manager
e-
... See more
Hello,

My name is Malak Ghassan, a project manager at Magic-trans, We are offering an opportunity to become a part of our translators team.
Translation Field: General, Medical, Marketing, Legal,Technical, Commercial and Media.

If you are interested Please send me your CV and a Cover Letter.

Kind Regards,
Malak Ghassan
Project manager
e-mail: [email protected]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Did you receive this invitation?..it sounds strange to me

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »