Availability indicator/switch on mobile app vs. regular profile setting is troublesome
Thread poster: Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:32
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jun 21, 2018

In our profiles we can set 5 different statuses (marked by different colors) for availability for each day, or leave it "Unset", while in the mobile app it is a binary switch. In spite of that, the two things seem to be connected, and as a result, if a person's status is set to ANYTHING ELSE than 100% fully available, it will show up on the mobile app as "unavailable". Could this be fixed, please?
If a search criteria like this is indeed necessary, may I suggest that a person would be cons
... See more
In our profiles we can set 5 different statuses (marked by different colors) for availability for each day, or leave it "Unset", while in the mobile app it is a binary switch. In spite of that, the two things seem to be connected, and as a result, if a person's status is set to ANYTHING ELSE than 100% fully available, it will show up on the mobile app as "unavailable". Could this be fixed, please?
If a search criteria like this is indeed necessary, may I suggest that a person would be considered "Unavailable" only if that is indeed what he/she marked herself in the availability calendar?
And as to the setting, instead of the binary switch that is there now, could we please have a different input method (slider, radio buttons, pull-down or something) to be able to set the same 5 settings (actually 6 with "unset") as we have in our profiles?
This discrepancy of 2 vs. 6 settings is disturbing, and as it is now, I am better off not setting up my availability calendar, because at least in that case I would not show up as "Available: No", as it would show "N/A".
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks! Jun 22, 2018

Hello Katalin,

Thanks for your suggestion. Availability settings in mobile will be reviewed. I will post here once I have any news.

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Availability indicator/switch on mobile app vs. regular profile setting is troublesome

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »