Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6] >
Off topic: What kind of music are you listening to lately?
Thread poster: Yolanda Bello Olvera
Yolanda Bello Olvera
Yolanda Bello Olvera  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 28, 2007

I am into David Sylvian's music today.

You?

Regards,

Y

Rufino Pérez De La Sierra
Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Pat Benatar, Tchaikosky, Shakira, Christina Aguilera, Bon Jovi Aug 28, 2007

I love working with music!

Good day!

Rufino

Liliana Roman-Hamilton
Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:49
English to Italian
lately... Aug 28, 2007

I'm a LOT into Keane. I listen to them very often. I love their sound and Tom Chaplin's (the leader) voice.
It's a British band whose sound (for those who don't know them) reminisces that of Coldplay.
"Under the Walnut Tree" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUhhIVN6eBI , "Try again" <
... See more
I'm a LOT into Keane. I listen to them very often. I love their sound and Tom Chaplin's (the leader) voice.
It's a British band whose sound (for those who don't know them) reminisces that of Coldplay.
"Under the Walnut Tree" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUhhIVN6eBI , "Try again" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmgWVQfjsLs and "Bedshaped" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYnb27C62nU are amongst my faves.

....and being a big Eagles fan I'm SO happy that they are just about to release their new CD (October 2007, guys!) after decades of not dishing anything new together. They have just released a single called "How Long" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtCmIYpfUHY which is really cool, even though the sound reminds me of their old hit "Take it Easy" (try to listen to the introduction of "How Long" by singing "Take it Easy" and they're astoundingly similar!!!). Anyhow, for being old grey wolves they're pretty good.

Last, but not least...Pink Floyd... Yesterday I listened again to "The Dark Side of The Moon" (live) and it's awesome and unique as nothing else can be. One of the BEST songs EVER is hands down "Comfortably Numb". Whenever I listen to this song I'm "comfortably speechless". Wonderful guitar solo by David Gilmour, he rocks!

[Edited at 2007-08-28 15:39]
Collapse

Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:49
French to Portuguese
+ ...
The phantom of the Opera Aug 28, 2007

Soundtrack

Vittorina Klingbeil (X)
Vittorina Klingbeil (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:49
Italian to English
+ ...
very lately ... like right now Aug 28, 2007

Linkin Park ... actually I prefer to work in silence, but my teenage daughter just will not listen, so there they are, shouting in the background! Actually, some of it is pretty good ...

Davide Caputo

Anne Wosnitza
Anne Wosnitza  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to German
+ ...
Hard Rock, Heavy Metal ... Aug 28, 2007

... System of a Down, Mortiis, Morgana Lefay, Letzte Instanz, Schandmaul. Since I've had an interview with them, I also listen to End of Green and very recently: Dimmu Borgir.

[Bearbeitet am 2007-08-28 15:50]

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Doom metal... Aug 28, 2007

always puts me in a good mood...

Anne Wosnitza
Anne Wosnitza  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to German
+ ...
Which ones? Aug 28, 2007

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

Doom Metal What bands? Any favs?
I do not listen to music when working - but afterwards is always a good idea

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
I'll try... Aug 28, 2007

Anne Wosnitza wrote:

Doom Metal What bands? Any favs?
I do not listen to music when working - but afterwards is always a good idea

Draconian, Dolorian, Fall of Empyrean, Katatonia, Opeth, Krohm, My Dying Bride, Novembers Doom, Shape of Despair, Officium Triste, Saturnus, Rapture, Swallow The Sun, Virgin Black, Pantheïst, just to name a few... so, there's also some black and death metal mixed in... ah, and Porcupine Tree, on a 'lighter' note... sorry for boring the rest of the community...

Rad Graban (X)
Rad Graban (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Slovak
+ ...
Gosh all sorts! Aug 28, 2007

Depending on the mood - Runestone and his album Crystal lord (very enigmatic and relaxing), Amy Whitehouse and her song Rehab when I'm out in the pub with my friends (sounds just right in the pub after couple), Bjork and her anything (just an addiction) etc.

[Edited at 2007-08-28 16:10]

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Amy... Aug 28, 2007

Rad Graban wrote:

Depending on the mood - Runestone and his album Crystal lord (very enigmatic and relaxing), Amy Whitehouse and her song Rehab when I'm out in the pub with my friends (sounds just right in the pub after couple), Bjork and her anything (just an addiction) etc.

Winehouse...

Rad Graban (X)
Rad Graban (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Slovak
+ ...
Jesus! Aug 28, 2007

Rad Graban wrote:

Winehouse...

...and I'm not even in a pub!

biankonera
biankonera  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 01:49
Italian to Latvian
+ ...
Depends Aug 28, 2007

It depends on the mood, but today I keep listening to THE POETS OF THE FALL.

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
all sorts... Aug 28, 2007

I can't listen to anything with words while I'm translating, and I usually end up not listening to whatever it is anyway. My tastes run mostly classical but not exclusively. Tom Waits is one of my heroes.

Currently, though, I'm listening to my piano tuner who is bashing at my old upright in the next room. Then when he's gone I'll stop work and go and play it myself.

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:49
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Today, I'm listening to... Aug 28, 2007

Recordings of the samba schools playing their theme songs for the Carnival parades.

Salsa - Ray Barretto, Jose Belo, Fruko y Sus Tesos, Celia Cruz, etc.

BUT....this is just today. My musical tastes range from opera and classical to JAZZ (most important, cuz I'm a jazz musician), gangsta rap, Afro pop, rai, Chinese classical, American classic pop and rock, soul, bossa nova, MPB (Brazilian pop music), etc.

Amy, the eclectic

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What kind of music are you listening to lately?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »