Riens Middelhof
Riens Middelhof  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:21
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 22, 2018

Sorry for the bad topic description... here's my problem:

One of my clients provides documents which are partly written in Dutch, partly in English. The documents follow a template, but sometimes certain paragraphs are written in Dutch, the next time in English, etc.

I'm supposed to make two documents out of this, one 100% Dutch, one 100% English.

Just for the record, I don't have a TM for this client (yet), and help how to organize such a TM is appreciated
... See more
Sorry for the bad topic description... here's my problem:

One of my clients provides documents which are partly written in Dutch, partly in English. The documents follow a template, but sometimes certain paragraphs are written in Dutch, the next time in English, etc.

I'm supposed to make two documents out of this, one 100% Dutch, one 100% English.

Just for the record, I don't have a TM for this client (yet), and help how to organize such a TM is appreciated.

I'm sure I could automate part of this process in MemoQ but I'm a little lost how to proceed...

[Bijgewerkt op 2018-02-22 20:12 GMT]
Collapse

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 23:21
German to English
+ ...
Bilingual translation Feb 23, 2018

Is there some way of identifying the different parts (other than looking at the language)? If so, file tagging with regular expressions would be a possibility.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automate a bilingual translation?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »