Draga Crisan
Draga Crisan  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:56
Romanian to English
+ ...
Feb 8, 2012

Hi there

I've started working with the Met Police in January, and have done quite a few jobs. They told me what the rates are, but not when the payment would be due. Tried to call the booking centre, but they have no idea as it's not their responsibility.
I think I read somewhere that at the end of a calendar month they add how much they owe you and send you a cheque (for NRPSI interpreters)/make a bank transfer (for their own interpreters). If that's the case, when exactly d
... See more
Hi there

I've started working with the Met Police in January, and have done quite a few jobs. They told me what the rates are, but not when the payment would be due. Tried to call the booking centre, but they have no idea as it's not their responsibility.
I think I read somewhere that at the end of a calendar month they add how much they owe you and send you a cheque (for NRPSI interpreters)/make a bank transfer (for their own interpreters). If that's the case, when exactly do they send out the cheques?

Could anyone please bring some light into this?

Many thanks!

Draga
Collapse

Florence Pin (X)
Florence Pin (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:56
French to English
+ ...
Who did you contact? Oct 4, 2016

Hello, I am a English-French Interpreter who would like to work for the Met Police. Who did you contact? On their website I can only find Staff Vacancies. I have the feeling they use NRPSI list? Thank you.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Met Police interpreters- payment

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »