Alexey Smirnov
Alexey Smirnov
Thailand
Local time: 11:46
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same here Aug 8, 2017

Exactly the same thing here. I guess heavy trados users are suffering more from this realease due to larger tms and tbs. unfortunately I upgraded to 2017 already and can't go back. But this needs to be fixed or else I'm not going to upgrade to newer versions.

DanielBrockmann
DanielBrockmann
Local time: 11:46
More details/disabling Match Repair completely to test things Aug 9, 2017

Alexey Smirnov wrote:

Exactly the same thing here. I guess heavy trados users are suffering more from this realease due to larger tms and tbs. unfortunately I upgraded to 2017 already and can't go back. But this needs to be fixed or else I'm not going to upgrade to newer versions.

Hi Alexey,

The one big change - desirable for many! - was to include terminology properly for Match Repair, but if this is of little use to you or Ekaterina, it might be worth switching Match Repair off completely for now. Would be good then to know if this brings things back to normal for you.

In an ideal world, you could post here the following details for the projects where you are seeing the issues:

- How many termbases are attached to the project.
- How big is each one of them.
- How many TMs are attached to the project.
- How big is each of them.
- Are you using traditional HDD or SSD?

This will help me analyse this in a better way. Similar conversations are happening also over in our community at https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90 - with users helping each other out. Might be worth a closer look also.

Thanks
Daniel

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What happened to trados after SR1!!!!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »