Windows 10 v. Studio 2014/2015
Thread poster: Roy Oestensen
susi_svf
susi_svf  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDL Trados 2007 / TagEditor Feb 8, 2016

I bought a new computer with Windows 10, but I would like to use SDL Trados 2007, because I need to use TagEditor. There were no problems with the installation, but the program is not working. Does anybody has a solution for this? I have tried the compatibility mode, but is not working. Thanks for your help.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You may want to check the following compatibility table Feb 8, 2016

I found the following http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/3261.html

Regretably Trados 2007 is not listed as working on 2010, so it does not seem like SDL supports 2010 with Trados 2007.

Don't know if anyone has a workaround here, regretably.

I believe you can import Tag Editor files into Studio, though, so you should not be limited to Tag Editor,
... See more
I found the following http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/3261.html

Regretably Trados 2007 is not listed as working on 2010, so it does not seem like SDL supports 2010 with Trados 2007.

Don't know if anyone has a workaround here, regretably.

I believe you can import Tag Editor files into Studio, though, so you should not be limited to Tag Editor, though.

[Edited at 2016-02-08 18:31 GMT]
Collapse

Selima Ben Chagra
Selima Ben Chagra
Tunisia
French to Arabic
+ ...
Multiterm problems with Windows 10 Mar 10, 2016

I am using Windows exclusively for Trados (running it on a Mac via Parallels) and since I upgraded to Win 10, I haven't been able to use or create any termbase. I first thought it was a problem with my installation so I tried reinstalling studio and then Windows, and even Parallel tools, but it was all in vain. I am thinking of reinstalling Win 8. So sick of doing more technical troubleshooting than actual work.

András Veszelka
András Veszelka  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
Win 10, SDLX, TagEditor, Studio 2014, Office 2010 seem to work just fine on my PC Jul 23, 2016

Hi,

I have just installed Win 10 on my Win 7 Pro 64 bit system to have a look at this issue, and it seems that everything remained fully functional on my PC. I made the following preliminary checks:

- Opening a ttx file in TagEditor, making changes, saving the file, making spelling mistakes, running the spell check.
- Exporting an SDLX TM into a relatively large itd (3,200 source words), editing it a bit, saving the file.
- Creating a return package in Trad
... See more
Hi,

I have just installed Win 10 on my Win 7 Pro 64 bit system to have a look at this issue, and it seems that everything remained fully functional on my PC. I made the following preliminary checks:

- Opening a ttx file in TagEditor, making changes, saving the file, making spelling mistakes, running the spell check.
- Exporting an SDLX TM into a relatively large itd (3,200 source words), editing it a bit, saving the file.
- Creating a return package in Trados Studio 2014, editing, saving an sdlxliff file, spell check
- Creating a Multiterm in Multiterm 2014 from an excel file

Yay!

This was not a clean install, I merely deactivated the Trados 2007 bundle and Trados Studio 2014 before the install, and then activated them again.
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:26
English to Thai
+ ...
Windows 10 On the Go Oct 31, 2016

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I guess most have seen that Microsoft is keen on offering a free upgrade to Windows 10. Does anyone know if it will create any problems with Studio 2014 or 2015 to upgrade to the new Windows version? I tried the preview version some months ago, and had problems getting my anti-virus working, though I hope that is now ironed out.

Roy

[Edited at 2015-06-06 09:00 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-06-06 09:00 GMT]

One of the latest functions of Windows is portable Windows 10, that is, you install Windows 10 on an external USB harddrive and run on any modern PC flawlessly (installation requires special PC hardware/software knowledge). I "tried" running Windows 10 with Trados 2015 on 4 different configuration PCs and they were compatible up to date.

Soonthon L.

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Professional Studio 2014 and MultiTerm 2014 Jun 23, 2017

How about now, with the latest version of Windows 10? I clicked on the knowledge-base link someone posted but it isn't there now.

Anything in particular we should do to make sure it works smoothly? Out IT dept. is planning to change us from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Should we just let them update the OS and then reopen Studio and MultiTerm as though nothing happened? Or do we need to do something else first?

I tried contacting SDL but the person I needed to corres
... See more
How about now, with the latest version of Windows 10? I clicked on the knowledge-base link someone posted but it isn't there now.

Anything in particular we should do to make sure it works smoothly? Out IT dept. is planning to change us from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Should we just let them update the OS and then reopen Studio and MultiTerm as though nothing happened? Or do we need to do something else first?

I tried contacting SDL but the person I needed to correspond with is out and I won't be able to talk with them until Wednesday, and we might need an answer sooner.
Collapse

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
New link to SDL's knowledgebase Jun 24, 2017

SDL moved some months ago their knowledgebase articles to
https://gateway.sdl.com/

They could've re-directed old links to new URLs, but they didn't so we now need to search in https://gateway.sdl.com/

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows 10 v. Studio 2014/2015

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »