Thread poster: Noelia Corte Fernandez
Noelia Corte Fernandez
Noelia Corte Fernandez  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 20, 2011

Hello
I have just finished a translation in SDL Trados Studio from a Word document and, to my horror, I can not save the target content. The error says:

Failed to save target content: An error occurred during a call to extension function 'BuildResource'. See InnerException for a complete description of the error.

Has anybody seen this before? I do not know what to do and I should have delivered this translation this morning.

Any help much appreciated.
... See more
Hello
I have just finished a translation in SDL Trados Studio from a Word document and, to my horror, I can not save the target content. The error says:

Failed to save target content: An error occurred during a call to extension function 'BuildResource'. See InnerException for a complete description of the error.

Has anybody seen this before? I do not know what to do and I should have delivered this translation this morning.

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Noelia
Collapse

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:10
English to Spanish
Details Jan 20, 2011

I do not know enough to help but I am sure there are people here who can, however, the first thing they would ask is for details about the versions of your software applications.

Operating system?
Word version?
More than one Word version installed, i.e., 2003 and 2007?
Studio 2009 version ?

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:10
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you test the file before? Jan 20, 2011

Does the original untranslated Word file save properly?
If yes, what is the further error description mentioned in your message?
If no, try to use Open&Repair in Word and then process this new file. Or save file in a different format.

Noelia Corte Fernandez
Noelia Corte Fernandez  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Error: failed to save target content Jan 20, 2011

Hello
I work with Windows 7 (64 bits), Word 2007 and SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3.

The original seemed to be fine but the format is quite complex. I saved it as Word 2003 and somehow it worked. Phew!

Thanks a lot!!
Noelia

Lisa Grayson
Lisa Grayson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:10
Spanish to English
+ ...
Saving source as Word 97-2003 solves another problem Jan 23, 2012

I've run into many odd problems trying to save a target file in Trados 2009. Tonight this thread saved me after Trados failed to save target content in a file with more than 7000 translation units.

I saved the original source file as a Word 97-2003 doc, ran it through Trados, and let the autopropagation program work its magic.

Thank you Jerzy, Luisa, and Noelia!

Mahmoud Basal
Mahmoud Basal  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:10
English to Arabic
+ ...
Did you save the source file to 2003? Oct 16, 2013

Noelia Corte Fernandez wrote:
Did you save the source file to 2003! I am having the same problem and am not able to solve it. I got files to review and it seems the translator worked on word 2007
Hello
I work with Windows 7 (64 bits), Word 2007 and SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3.

The original seemed to be fine but the format is quite complex. I saved it as Word 2003 and somehow it worked. Phew!

Thanks a lot!!
Noelia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: failed to save target content

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »