Powwow: Istanbul - Türkiye

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Istanbul - Türkiye".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:31
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Will someone from Istanbul organize it? Jun 19, 2017

Merhaba!
I' currently in Istanbul, but I'm leaving in a couple of days! I'll be back in about month and a half, and I would like to meet my colleagues from Istanbul! I'm not quite sure if the date is appropriate. I would like someone from the city to organize and propose a nice place for a Powwow, where we could meet each other and talk about our job as a translators!

Clarisa

emine mizyal adsiz
emine mizyal adsiz  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:31
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Offer to host powwow in Rumelihisarı Jun 20, 2017

Merhaba! I was planning to organize a powwow in Istanbul (not in İzmir:) but hadn't gotten around to initiating it. Let me take this opportunity to propose August 12 for a garden powwow at my home in Rumelihisarı. I would be very pleased to be your host on that day. Please let me know if you can come!! I hope you can make it Clarisa, we would love to meet you!

Christiane Özmen-Flor
Christiane Özmen-Flor  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:31
English to German
+ ...
Garden powwow on 12 August Jun 20, 2017

Hi Emine,

Thank you for this offer, that sounds lovely. I would love to come and have nothing else on that day.

Looking forward to meeting you, Clarisa.

Christiane

emine mizyal adsiz
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Revision of Date Jun 20, 2017

I have heard through the grapevine that the weekend of August 5-6 is better so I am making the date Saturday, August 5. Everyone welcome!

Clarisa Moraña
United States
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
My apologies! Jun 20, 2017

I've just received (five minutes ago) an email from Optima Express changing the date of my travel from Austria to Turkey! It seems that I will be arriving to Edirne on August 14th... And I really want to visit/enjoy Edirne...

I keep you updated! I'm really upset!

What about Saturday 19th August.. or some day during the week?
I bought the train ticket to Edirne on April!...
See more
I've just received (five minutes ago) an email from Optima Express changing the date of my travel from Austria to Turkey! It seems that I will be arriving to Edirne on August 14th... And I really want to visit/enjoy Edirne...

I keep you updated! I'm really upset!

What about Saturday 19th August.. or some day during the week?
I bought the train ticket to Edirne on April!

[Edited at 2017-06-20 11:28 GMT]
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
United States
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
That would be wonderfull! Jun 20, 2017

emine mizyal adsiz wrote:

Merhaba! I was planning to organize a powwow in Istanbul (not in İzmir:) but hadn't gotten around to initiating it. Let me take this opportunity to propose August 12 for a garden powwow at my home in Rumelihisarı. I would be very pleased to be your host on that day. Please let me know if you can come!! I hope you can make it Clarisa, we would love to meet you!

I really appreciate it! I'll keep you posted with my availability, as I've just received a message from Optima Express changing the timetable! And frequency of those trains is not good at all!

Clarisa

Clarisa Moraña
United States
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Revised dates... Jul 3, 2017

Dear Colleagues

Optima Express, the train company that I've booked to take me to Turkey changed the dates of my travel. Now I will arrive to Edirne on the 14th August. Would it be fine for you meeting some of my colleagues on one of the following dates:18, 19 or 20th August (in fact, it could be any date from 15 to 23th August). But if a powwow date is agreed, I could arrange a travel to some other places of Turkey: I'm not quite sure where I will go... perphaps Izmir, or somewhere i
... See more
Dear Colleagues

Optima Express, the train company that I've booked to take me to Turkey changed the dates of my travel. Now I will arrive to Edirne on the 14th August. Would it be fine for you meeting some of my colleagues on one of the following dates:18, 19 or 20th August (in fact, it could be any date from 15 to 23th August). But if a powwow date is agreed, I could arrange a travel to some other places of Turkey: I'm not quite sure where I will go... perphaps Izmir, or somewhere in the Aegean... or Blacksea!
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
United States
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
cancelled travel Jul 8, 2017

Dear colleagues

Unfortunately, and after many changes, the train company cancelled the train to Turkey, thus my plans changed. I would not be much time in Turkey before going back to my country, Argentina. I would really loved to enjoy some nice time with you, but I also think that things happen for some (unknown) reason. I'm still studying Turkish (now I can understand some more words while watching Çalıkuşu at Netflix), I'm Beşiktaş supporter (my apologies to Fenerbahçer fa
... See more
Dear colleagues

Unfortunately, and after many changes, the train company cancelled the train to Turkey, thus my plans changed. I would not be much time in Turkey before going back to my country, Argentina. I would really loved to enjoy some nice time with you, but I also think that things happen for some (unknown) reason. I'm still studying Turkish (now I can understand some more words while watching Çalıkuşu at Netflix), I'm Beşiktaş supporter (my apologies to Fenerbahçer fans), and I still have many places to visit in Turkey in the future.
If you ever decide to visit Argentina, please fell free to visit me. And if you need it, I have an extra room for any of you.
I've spent a lovely time in Turkey.
Teşekkürler!

Clarisa
Collapse

emine mizyal adsiz
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Confirmation of powwow venue and date Jul 12, 2017

Hi All!
I just wanted to confirm the date of AUGUST 5 (Saturday) for our powwow in my garden in Rumelihisarı. I'm sorry, Clarisa, that your trip to Turkey will not allow you to come but we hope we'll meet you some other time!
Everyone interested in attending the Powwow is cordially invited. Please email your confirmation to me and I will give you the address and details. Hope to hear from everyone who can make it!

Clarisa Moraña
United States
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you! Jul 13, 2017

emine mizyal adsiz wrote:

I'm sorry, Clarisa, that your trip to Turkey will not allow you to come but we hope we'll meet you some other time!

I'm sure we will all meet some day in the future! Enjoy the Powwow!

Clarisa

Selma Dogan
Selma Dogan  Identity Verified
English to Turkish
+ ...
Ben katılamıyorum. Jul 24, 2017

Ben bu tarihlerde İstanbul'da olmayacağım. O nedenle hepinizden özür diliyorum. Ama sizlerle tanışmayı gerçekten çok isterdim. Nazik davetiniz için Emine hanım size ayrıca teşekkür ederim. Umarım bir gün bir şekilde tanışma, sohbet etme fırsatımız olur.
Clarisa, I will not be able to attend the powwow either. If we have another chance later, I will be happy to meet you all.

emine mizyal adsiz
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Powwow follow-up Jul 24, 2017

Selma Hanım, üzüldüm görüşemeyeceğimize, yine başka bir fırsatımız olur umarım.

Bu arada, ilgi gösterenlere sesleniyorum: 5 Ağustos'ta katılıp katılamayacağınızı bana bu hafta içinde bildirirseniz sevinirim. Katılımımızı artıralım, toplantımıza keyif katalım!

Christiane Özmen-Flor
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Jul 26, 2017

[Edited at 2017-07-26 08:56 GMT]

Christiane Özmen-Flor
Germany
English to German
+ ...
I will attend Jul 26, 2017

Hi Emine

Just to let you know on this channel, too: I will be there. Thank you for inviting us to such a great place.

Regards,
Christiane

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Istanbul - Türkiye

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »